Return to Headlines
Clinton Students Test with Top Scores
From the Superintendent:
We are very pleased to see our results and view them as an indicator that our district-wide strategic focus is working.
Some of the rationale behind these good numbers:
- significant effort on the part of teachers and principals in the area of curriculum and instructional strategy development and alignment with the common core state standards;
- a focus on Response to Intervention (RtI) including:
- two years of providing additional instructional time in the elementary school that focuses on meet the needs of each child based on what they need to stay at an above proficiency throughout the year;
- Middle School RtI team that monitored student learning progress and developed interventions throughout the year.
- teacher empowerment to work collaboratively in professional learning community groups to design their own professional development and action plans related to improving instruction and student learning;
- board of education and community support to align resources with prioritized strategic initiatives as developed collaboratively throughout the budget development process;
- funding from the Clinton Foundation, Hamilton Town Gown Fund, and Senator David Valesky that allow us to provide resources, materials, and training that we otherwise would not be able to provide.