Brick Garden & Annual Dedication
Annual Brick Garden Dedication Ceremony-
The Garden dates back to 1993 when it was built to symbolize the loyalty and commitment of residents, students, and alumni of the Clinton Central School District. The Sundial Society was formed in 2007 to help oversee and maintain the Brick Garden. A dedication ceremony is normally held each fall to recognize recently planted bricks.
The Sundial Society was formed by the Foundation in 2007 to help oversee and maintain the Brick Garden. The Garden, located on the school grounds nearest to the Elementary building on Chenango Avenue, dates back to 1993 when it was built to symbolize the loyalty and commitment of residents, students, and alumni of the Clinton Central School District. Central to the Garden is a sundial donated to the school by the CCS class of 1950. Four commemorative benches enclose the area which includes more than 850 engraved bricks honoring or memorializing persons or special events. In the spring of 2011, the Sundial Society oversaw a major renovation of the garden which included the replacement of over 60 bricks and the surrounding plantings. In 2011, the Class of 1960 committed to establish an endowment of $15,000 to support the maintenance of the garden. Currently, the class has pledged $2100 as a challenge match, a dollar of which will be transferred to the endowment for every two dollars contributed for Sundial Society membership. All Sundial members will be acknowledged in the Foundation’s annual Stewardship Report. Membership in the Society is open to anyone. If interested in joining the Society, you may send a check for $10 to Clinton Central School District Foundation, Box 215, Clinton, NY 13323. The cost to purchase an engraved brick is $75. The brick has three lines available with 14 letters per line for the purchaser to name the person being honored or memorialized.