CLINTON CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Secondary Media Center
February 4, 2020
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. READING OF THE MISSION STATEMENT
Clinton Central School proudly educates and empowers students to realize their potential and become thoughtful, contributing members of society.
5. STRATEGIC PLANNING WORKSHOP
1.Welcome & light dinner Steve Grimm
2. Overview of agenda – PPT #1; page 1 of the Workshop Packet
3. Goals for this evening & group expectations
- Review mission and vision
- Purpose of mission and vision
- How do they drive goals?
- How does the strategic plan align with district goal setting?
4. Start with the “Why?” – TED Talks – PPT #2-4
Essential Question for viewing: Why is a common purpose persuasive?
Mission drives you. It is the WHY. Your mission statement is how you accomplish your purpose; your mission is what drives you every day to fulfill your purpose. It's a direct path to your purpose and vision (HOW).
5. Differences between Mission & Vision Statements – PPT #5-7
6. MISSION: Application to Clinton Central School – PPT #8; page 2 of the Workshop Packet
- What are your personal core beliefs about schools and learning?
- Describe the preferred learning environment for students.
Samples of Mission and Vision statements from across the country – page 3-4 of Packet
BREAK – About 10 minutes if time allows
7. Revisiting Clinton’s Mission and Vision Statement – key potential amendments - page 5 of the Workshop Packet
8. Vision: Describe what you see as the future learning needs of students in Clinton – PPT #9-13; page 6 in the Workshop Packet
9. Next steps in Strategic Planning process with time line – page 7 in the Workshop Packet
10. Discussion – final wrap up – once – a –round - 8:30 pm