Clinton Central School PTA FAQs
How does the PTA benefit my child?
The Clinton PTA communicates with parents, teachers, and administrators to bring enhancements within the curriculum and beyond. The PTA proudly sponsors many events within the district, many of which will directly benefit your child at some point in their educational journey. Below is just a sample of the many projects the Clinton PTA is involved with:
- Class trips - The Clinton PTA has contributed funding for several class trips to reduce or eliminate the cost for parents. These trips include the kindergarten trip to the Tiny Tots Ballet and class trips for 4th, 5th and 8th grade.
- School pictures - The PTA coordinates the photographer for elementary school pictures.
- Elementary Yearbook - PTA volunteers gather, edit and assemble photos for the elementary yearbook.
- Book Fair - The PTA coordinates and executes the Elementary Scholastic Book Fairs.
- Elementary Author Visit - The PTA works with the school to coordinate a visit of a children's book author.
- Scholarships for Graduating Seniors - The PTA sponsors 3 scholarships each year for $250 each.
- Science Fairs - The PTA helps to sponsor the elementary school and middle school science fairs.
- Awards - The Clinton PTA sponsors the middle school awards and also Presidential Award pins for the elementary, middle and high school.
- Events - The PTA coordinates many events throughout the year including the First Day of School Coffee, Comet's Night, Ice Cream Social, Teacher's Appreciation Lunch, and various other gatherings for parents and teachers.
- Box Tops - PTA volunteers help the school collect and submit Box Tops. In the 2014 - 2015 school year, our school received over $4500 thanks to everyone who contributed Box Tops. In the past, the Box Top money has been used for playground renovations and other improvements.
What are the advantages of joining PTA?
- PTA is a great way to meet other parents and to get to know the Clinton teachers and administrators.
- Joining PTA gives you the opportunity to become an advocate for your child and to play an active role in his or her education.
- PTA meetings give you the opportunity to present ideas, raise concerns, ask questions, and learn about the many PTA projects in the works.
- You will receive weekly e-newsletters that keep you in the loop about community and school events.
- As a PTA member, you can take advantage of discount tickets to Sesame Place, Hershey Park, SeaWorld, LegoLand, SixFlags and more.
I don't have enough time for meetings and volunteering. Can I still join PTA?
Absolutely! As a PTA member, you can be as involved as you like. There is no requirement to attend meetings or volunteer. However, if you have time and would like to volunteer with one or more of our events or projects, we would love to have your help!
Who can join?
Clinton PTA is for everyone who calls Clinton "home". Opportunities exist for mothers, fathers, other caregivers, Clinton teachers and staff. New ideas and talents are always welcome. Every effort, big or small, makes a difference. Thank you for helping to build a strong community for all of our children!
Erin Nackley, President
Angela Rorick, Vice President
Melinda Leising, Secretary
Meghan Jackson, Treasurer
Laura Wileczka, Communications
Carrie Reaves, Membership
Eric Stilz, Historian
Sara Groh, Member