Kirkland Sports Hall of Fame
Announcing the Class of 2016!
The Kirkland Sports Hall of Fame Committee has announced their 2016 class of inductees.
It includes eight individuals and one team, all of whom will be honored in a ceremony on Saturday, September 17th, 2016.
The following inductees will be honored:
Kirl Francis (Track and
Peter Jones (Ice Hockey)
Rob McGriff (Basketball)
Robert Schmitt (Soccer
Jean Vicks (Field
William Walpole (Football, Ice
1998 Girls Field Hockey
The ceremony will take place at The Skenandoa Club on Upper Norton Avenue in Clinton and will begin at 6:00 pm with a cocktail hour. Tickets are $12.00 each and can be purchased in advance by calling the District Office at 853-5574. Tickets may also be available at the door.
In addition to the ceremony, the inductees will also be introduced at halftime of the Clinton Football game which will be held on Saturday afternoon.
How to nominate...
In order for an individual to be nominated to the Kirkland Sports Hall of Fame, he or she must either have been from the Town of Kirkland or the Clinton School District, or have had association with this area for ten (10) years so as to be considered "home town" and commonly associated with Kirkland by general public.
He or she must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Is, or was an outstanding athlete in high school, college, amateur or professional sports.
- Is, or was a coach, manager, or administrator who has made a significant contribution to sports.
- Is an individual who is performing, or has performed an unusual or distinguished service in fostering, developing, or effectively helping a sport to prosper.
The nomination committee is currently accepting nominations for candidates of the
Class of 2016!
Nomination Deadline: Friday, July 15
How to nominate someone for the Kirkland Sports Hall of Fame:
- Get a nomination form by clicking on the desired document type right here: PDF DOC
- Complete the form in writing or electronically.
- Submit the form to Duffy Burdick, 6780 College Hill Rd, Clinton, NY 13323 or drop off at the Clinton Central District Office.
- You may also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org